Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Sorting Through my Sketches and Going Grey -- Grey Scale, That Is

Back in the 90s, the Mayhem was best best known as the Supervising Producer/Director of a little animated series called X-Men, and lately all of us involved as creators have been helping out with a secret project being prepped by Eric Lewald, the show's Story Editor. Stop me -- before I say too much -- but if you're a fan of the show, you'll love what's coming!


So, earlier today I was pulling together some of my more recent vintage X-Men sketches for my friend and collaborator Eric to use on the The X-Men TAS page he's running on Facebook. Well, I started fooling around with some filters in Photoshop, taking the drawings into grey scale and then adding an old school comic book dot pattern. I like the results, so I'm sharing my experiments on drawings of my three favorite X-Men. Don't tell Cyclops -- he's one sensitive guy!

And before we get to the art, you can visit Eric's Blog at: xmentas.com

(That girl with the Roguish smirk rates #3 with me)
(Wolverine is my #2 fave to draw)
(My #1 favorite X-Man is the girl who makes me talk like Wolverine -- "Oh, Jeanie...")

Click here to see one of my books on Amazon!
(Buy a book and keep the Mayhem's kitties in kibble!)



No comments:

Post a Comment