Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Istead of Tears


So, it's 3 AM 5 years ago, my luggage didn't clear customs and get transferred from the international airport to the regional airport in Mumbai so I can't catch my early morning flight out of there, the top of my shoe has come detached from its sole in the heat and humidity, I'm developing a racking cough, the airport currency exchange in Los Angeles didn't have any rupees so I'm cashless, and there's nothing I can do about anything for about four hours. That's when I drew this instead of curling up in a ball and sobbing. 

You can survive anything, if you put your mind to it and have a sketchpad handy. And here's how the concept started to shape up once I got home safe and sound:

 I'm looking forward to finishing this one someday, under happier circumstances than those of its conception.
 
The Masked Mayhem and all art and writing in it are Copyright Will Meugniot 2013

1 comment:

  1. Post Apocalyptic Hotties out for some skateboarding and surfing fun!

    ReplyDelete