Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thinking of Tigra

Tigra was my first pro comic book assignment for Marvel back in the mid-70s. Overall it was a mixed experience. On one hand, being published by Marvel was cool and in many ways set the stage for much of my later life. On the other, Marvel was a bad boss and really did terrible things to the art work, not the least of which was changing Tigra's design after the pages were in and not giving me a chance to revise them. However, now that I'm selling originals, I sure wish I'd done more pages for Marvel as the pages usually get 10 or 15 times the price I was originally paid! This one's on eBay this week:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Marvel-Chillers-5-Pg-3-Tigra-Meugniot-Colletta-Original-/220718979859?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3363e05b13

No comments:

Post a Comment